Sheffield African Caribbean Mental Health Association Vacancy
SACMHA Service Lead (30 Hours per week)
Salary £20.436 per year
- Are you a passionate, motivated and creative individual?
- Do you have experience in Adult Social Care or working with adults in the voluntary sector?
- Are you a member of the African or Caribbean community or do you have excellent knowledge of engaging positively with this community’?
- Do you have a sound grasp of mental health issues and the specific impact on African and Caribbean people?
- Are you able to work in partnership with a range of statutory, faith and independent organisations?
- Do you enjoy the challenge of leadership, yet still value direct work?
If the answer to each of these questions is ‘yes’, the SACMHA (Sheffield African Caribbean Mental Health Association) is looking for you
After a challenging period as a result of Central Government’s austerity agenda, SACMHA is seeking to recruit a Service Lead following a successful funding bid to the Tudor Trust
The purpose of the job is to:
- To lead the day to day operation of SACMHA and its staff
- To assist in the planning, allocation, monitoring and evaluation of activities and outcomes
- To work alongside the Board in change management in the organisation
- To liaise with relevant mental health services in the geographical area covered by SACMHA, currently Yorkshire and Nottinghamshire
- To support and promote the achieving of SACMHA aims and objectives
- To provide timely information and statistical returns
For an informal discussion regarding this Post, please contact Celia Jackson-Chambers, Interim Project Lead on Tel: 01142726393 Email: c.Jackson-Chambers@sacmha.org.uk
Closing date for all applications is 5pm on 2nd September 2019. Website: www.sacmha.org.uk