Sheffield African Caribbean Mental Health Association – Support Worker
Support Worker (18.5 Hours)
Salary £8,700 per year
- Are you a passionate, motivated and creative individual?
- Do you have experience in Adult Social Care?
- Are you a member of the African Caribbean community or do you have excellent knowledge of engaging positively with this community’?
- Do you have a sound grasp of mental health issues and the specific impact on African Caribbean people?
- Are you able to work in partnership with a range of statutory, faith and independent organisations
If the answer to each of these questions is ‘yes’, the SACMHA (Sheffield African Caribbean Mental Health Association) is looking for you
After a challenging period as a result of Central Government’s austerity agenda, SACMHA is seeking to recruit a Support Worker following a successful funding bid to the Tudor Trust
The purpose of the job is to:
- To directly support and assist clients in a manner designed to increase their level of independence and self-sufficiency and develop their life skills.
- Facilitate and run groups and workshops when appropriate
- To maintain a good working knowledge of new work procedures
- To support and promote the achieving of SACMHA aims and objectives
For an informal discussion regarding this Post, please contact Celia Jackson-Chambers, Interim Project Lead on Tel: 01142726393 Email: c.Jackson-Chambers@sacmha.org.uk
Closing date for all applications is 5pm on 2nd September 2019. Website: www.sacmha.org.uk