Benefits of Volunteering
Volunteering can allow you to try something new, gain experience, develop skills, improve your career prospects, build confidence and meet new people. Through volunteering you can take on a meaningful challenge.
Volunteering not only enhances the above, but provides the opportunity to supercharge your existing talents. The requirements for volunteering are likely to be linked to your passions and interests, rather than extensive work experience.
There are a huge range of skills you can acquire through volunteering, here are just 10:
- Industry-related skills
- The ability to work in a team
- Problem solving and adaptability
- Communicating with clients/stakeholders and people of all ages
- The ability to plan and prioritise work
- Time management
- Improved interpersonal skills
- Work ethic