Dementia Friendly North Sheffield
SOAR is part of a citywide initiative lead by Sheffield City Council to make Sheffield more dementia friendly. There are usually lots of activities running across the North East of Sheffield. Unfortunately due to Covid-19 most activities have been paused.
Parson Cross Development Forum are doing an amazing job running their online memory cafes several times a week, they’d love for you to join them: click here.
If you would like to:
- Chat to someone
- Get a bit of 1-to-1 support
- Share your experiences as a person with dementia or as a carer
- Get involved with making your local area more dementia friendly
- Make your business or organisation more dementia friendly
- Find out more about some online carers groups
Contact Rosie Strathearn-Brady: 07538100375 / 0114 213 4065 /email@example.com
To keep up to date with what’s going on you can also sign up to the Dementia Friendly North Sheffield mailing list.
Other useful resources:
- For people with dementia and their carers: www.sheffielddirectory.org.uk/dementia
- For people living with dementia: https://www.dementiavoices.org.uk/
- For professionals and volunteers: https://www.ageuk.org.uk/sheffield/our-services/dementia-advice-sheffield/
- Alzheimers Society: https://www.alzheimers.org.uk/find-support-near-you
- Sheffield Carers Centre: https://sheffieldcarers.org.uk/