SOAR’s Employment Services provides 121 support with getting back into employment, sourcing training and creating a plan to suit you.
Who can see an employment advisor?
- Anyone aged over 16
- Anyone who has been made redundant
- Anyone returning to work after a career break
- Anyone registered as economically inactive
- Anyone not on the mandatory work programme
What does an employment advisor offer?
- Information and advice about the latest job vacancies
- How to complete job application forms
- Support with CV writing
- Support setting up a Universal Job Match account
- Sourcing training or courses to build your skills and knowledge
I have more specific needs, what else can you support me with?
- Providing you with tools to build your confidence and self-esteem
- Tailored support to enable goal setting
- Support and information around healthy lifestyles
SOAR Activity Directory
Download this month’s Activity Directory for detailed information on weekly activities, upcoming training and times and locations of SOAR job clubs.
For more information or a casual chat please contact one of our Employment Team on 0114 2440401 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Working for SOAR
We have a dedicated mailing list to promote any upcoming job opportunities with SOAR so when we are advertising, you will know about it first.
Quotes from Sheffield Working clients
“Staff approach things in the right way and in a professional manner. I feel at ease to attend appointments and they arrange appointments which are suitable around me. SOAR employment team have helped me feel more motivated to find work and I am confident in finding the right job for me”
“My experience with SOAR has been very beneficial and has helped me to improve my life, the staff are friendly but also professional. It has also helped me to attend regular appointments which has given me confidence”
“The SOAR employment team have helped me with lots of different things such as my CV, Cover Letter and referring me to other provisions which has enabled me to get more help to find work. SOAR has also helped me gain more confidence which was an issue of mine which is now a lot better”