What services are on offer at the library?
- Free access to books, newspapers and magazines
- Books and reading materials in community languages
- Free access to computers and the internet
What activities are available for the community?
- Regular Storytime and activity sessions for toddlers, small children and parents
- Appropriate learning and social activities for adults, eg writing workshops, Information, advice and guidance sessions, local history classes, chess club
- Council wide initiatives like Reading Ahead and the Summer reading Scheme
Additional services include:
- Councillors surgeries, 2nd Saturday of every month (except August)
- Community room to book for groups and social activity
- Connections Health services – e.g. self help groups, health chats, access to Health Trainers
- Connections to other services: Sheffield Citizens Advice, Community Learning, Work Clubs (Burngreave Works based in Sorby)
We are always looking for volunteers, please contact Marcia Layne for more information.
Sheffield Volunteer Libraries have recently been awarded the Make A Difference Sheffield award in the category of Outstanding Achievement in Involving and Supporting Volunteers. View a short clip that was shown on the evening. Well done everyone!
Monday 10-12.30pm & 1.30-5pm
Wednesday 10-12.30pm & 1.30-5pm
Friday 10-12.30pm & 1.30-5pm
For any information please contact: 0114 203 9002 or email firstname.lastname@example.org